Know Your Work Space
Now that you are logged in let's get familiar with all the Modules and the areas you have access to.
The Module Panel
- The module panel will allow you to open various modules by clicking on them. As we mentioned before:
- The most frequently used module is Invoice and You'll find it on your top left next to Explorer. Explorer allows you to access additional Modules and Functions not listed in the Module Panel.
- In the center of the Module Panel you'll be able to see currently logged in user. Again, whenever you are using the Till make sure that you are logged in with your username and password.
- Finally, in the right corner you have option to access some Tools, Logout, change System Language, see the number of active Windows (the number will appear if more than one), and access Favorites
Explorer can be used to access the following additional modules
- Configuration Module
- Rates and Fees Module
- Customers Module
- Products Module
- Journal Module
- Orders Module
Tellers are not able to access all Modules
There are two more modules that are available only to Tech Admins such as Translation and Debug module, and logged in Tellers are not able to see them. But also there are certain limitations set on the Modules that are accessible, like being able to view and not change any settings.
That is because each user group is given certain privileges, meaning that Tellers are not able to, for example alter most of the Configuration settings, or edit submodules in Accounting Module.
To summarize, certain Modules and submodules Tellers will be able only to View, but not edit or define. In the following articles we will cover the basics on the most important modules for Tellers, how to use certain functions as well as define and edit settings within those Modules.
Depending on the selected Module, Explorer can offer some additional comon features:
- Some explorer modules offer different views to the dataset. This can include different information in the list (4), and perhaps also a subset of all available records
- you may be able to search by keywords, like in invoice module
- apply filters (date, state etc.)
- The list shows records defined by view, search and filters
- Header section displays the most important part of a record
- Tabbed detail panels display other record information