In this chapter we'll explain how the Purchase and Delivery orders placed trough Orders Module are being processed.
Checking Orders Module
Once Purchase or Delivery Order has been placed the Trading Branches are NOT automatically notified. This means that each Branch has to check regularly their Orders Module and see if new purchase or delivery orders have been made. Each branch can only access the orders that are either originating from that branch or are assigned to them.
Processing Purchase Order
- Open Orders Module and select Purchase Order
- Look up for any orders with status 'Opened' if you are requesting branch you will wait for the order State until it displays Shipping
- Only the fulfilling branch, which is in this case, can select the order from their end and change the State into Processing and Shipping
- Requesting branch will not be changing the status of Purchase Order until they receive the shipment unless they wish to Cancel or Reverse it. These options are available if any of the branches is unable to fulfill the request.
- If you are the fulfilling branch, you will be able to select Set Next State to Processing
- In our example this is happening at the CMC (Zürich HB) and processing allows CMC to adapt amount and rate of order
- When fulfilling branch prepares the order, schedules the shipment and the order is ready to be delivered, they can change the order State to shipping, order is now fixed and cant be changed anymore and pack-list is printed.
- Click Save and Finish
- The fulfilling branch has now completed their side of the order
- When requesting branch (Bern) receives the delivery, teller checks the order against the order list and if everything is correct - sets status of Purchase Order to Done.
- They can now go to their Purchase Order submodule and complete the order by selecting it from the list and Set Next State to done
- When requesting branch (Zurich) receives the delivery, order is fulfilled. They can now go to their Purchase Order submodule and complete the order by selecting it from the list and setting next State to done.
- Click Save and Finish
Processing Delivery Order
- Open Orders Module and select Delivery Order
- Look up for any orders with status 'Opened'
- Select the open order and confirm that your branch is listed under From
- Since you are the fulfilling branch, you are responsible to agnowledge this order and organize shipment of the items from this order
- If you are not able to send the ordered items for any reason enter the Comment why and change the status to cancelled to notify the other branch.
- If you are able to fulfill this order, start preparing the delivery
- Change Order State to Processing by clicking edit from the bottom menu and selecting 'processing' from the dropdown, until the order is ready for shipment. This may sometime take a day, two, or more, depending on when you manage to schedule the delivery.
- When the order is shipped, open the Delivery Order again and set Next Order State to Shipping
- Click on Save then Finish to complete your end of this order.
- To make sure your shipment has arrived safely to it's destination, you may check again delivery Order State at expected arrival time to make sure the Receiving branch has changed the order status to Done.