Teller-Proofing refers to the daily task of counting denominations of foreign cash currencies against the system balance.
This section will cover Intraday and End of Day Teller-Proofing (Cash Control) for counting and logging your denominations.
- Be sure you are signed in as a user then double click on the 'Teller-proof' module from your tool bar.
To log the cash currently in your till you must create a new cash tellerproof.
Enter the cash denominations in your till
First choose the type of currency you are counting by selecting it from the drop down menu next to 'Currency'.
- Once you have selected the currency you may enter the your cash count in the boxes below 'Count 1' and 'Count 2' by denomination [Use 'Count1' for counting the money in your till and 'Count 2' for counting the money that is already counted and put away into another drawer in your till].
- Hit <tab> on your keyboard in between each cell.
- You will see the total amount of each denomination to the right of each row and a total at the bottom right.
- For intra-day teller-proofing, make sure you do NOT check off the box next to 'End of Day' (end of shift).
To view your intraday tellerproof
You may enter several intra-day teller-proofs
- To do so, repeat the previous steps and enter your new teller-proof amounts after selecting the currency you are teller-proofing.
- Again, make sure you do NOT check off the box next to 'End of Day' (end of shift) since this is also an intra-day teller-proof.
- And 'Save'.
End Of Day Teller-Proofing
- To make intra-day teller-proofs into EOD teller-proofs go back to the 'End of Day Tellerproof for Administrator' window and click on 'New Cash Tellerproof'.
- Recount your currency and correct any discrepancies then check off the box next to 'End of Day' (end of shift).
- And 'Save'.