To start putting funds into your created accounts, you must also have an account to keep track of your opening inventory.
Create a New Inventory Account
- Double click on the 'Sub-Ledger' module from your tool bar. Then click 'New' to create an Inventory account.
Note you may also edit or delete accounts within this window.
- To view accounts used within a certain day, modify the date section.
Be sure to complete all necessary fields of the 'Subledger Accounts Entry' form
- Type Inventory next to 'Account Name'.
Since an inventory account would be considered an equity, you must type 'Opening' next to 'General Ledger Account'.
As you begin typing in the box, you will be directed to a pop up window. Here, you must select 'Opening' from the menu then click 'Pick' or hit <Enter> on your keyboard.
Under the section 'Description' you may add additional information to differentiate this inventory account from others you may have.
This section may also be left empty.
- Be sure to check off 'Inventory/Tades'.
- Be sure to also check off 'Display this account in the pull down menu in invoice' so that you are able to use this account within invoices.
- You may add additional details in the 'Advanced' tab. If you wish to do so, see next step for additional information on 'Advanced Settings' before saving.
- Then hit 'Save'.