Adding New Currencies
Canadian currency is added to the system by default; all other currencies must be added manually.
This chapter will go over how to add new trading currencies and how to set your markup and markdown margins.
Open Currency Module
- Open Currency Module by double clicking on 'Currency' in your tool bar.
Enter the country name or code to find the currency you wish to add.
Update Market Rate
- Click on 'Update Market Rate Now' to bring up the current market rate automatically.
This will also display your Buy Rate and Sell Rate calculated by your percent Markdown and Markup respectively.
- You may change your percent markup/markdown by simply editing those percentage amounts or you can manually make those changes by checking off the boxes next to 'Manual Buy Rate' and 'Manual Sell Rate'.
- It is recommended that you check of the 'Automatically create cash accounts' box to create cash accounts for the currency made.
- Once you have entered your preferences, you may click 'Save'.
Note that once a currency has been added, you are still able to change the rates and details of that currency.
Now you may begin transactions buying and selling your new added currency.
- Repeat the steps above to add as many currencies as necessary.