Signing-In With a Till
The following steps are necessary before you can use the system. After you have installed the program, run it in standalone mode (using 4D Runtime Interpreted as the helper application).
Before you can enter an invoice, you must login with a Till.
- To do so, open the Tills module by double clicking on 'Manage Tills' in your tool bar.
Once you have opened the 'Manage Tills' module, you will see the 'Cash Register Machines List'. This is where you can add, edit or delete new or existing tills.
- Under the column 'Cash Register Alias', you should see a cash register called 'Safe Deposit' without any signed-In users. Double click on this cash register line.
- To edit a till, select the till you wish to edit by clicking on it from the 'Cash Register Machines List'.
- Then click 'Edit'.
- You will be directed to the 'Cash Register Machines Entry' in the 'Till Creation Form' window. Be sure to check off 'Automatically create all cash accounts for this till'.
This feature will allow the system to automatically create cash accounts for every new currency that is added to the system.
- You can also change your 'Till ID' and 'Name of Till' ie; '00' and 'Safe Deposit'.
Note when changing or creating a 'Till ID', always use a two digit format ie; 00,01,02,03 etc.
- You can also choose to limit or share your till till by either checking off 'Share this Till among all users' or 'Reserve this Till for Administrator only'.
- Once you have completed your changes, click 'Save'.