Configuring The Picture ID Folder
This lesson will go over how to configure a folder for scanned picture IDs. Note that each computer can be attached to a scanner.
Create a Picture IDs Folder
- Create a new folder where you store the Picture identifications for customers on your computer.
- Open 'My Computer' from your Windows Menu then open 'Local Disk (C:)' from your Hard Disk Drives.
For consistency across installations, please save the folder in C:\ drive, although this folder can be placed in any other drive.
Link your Scanner's Default Settings to the New Folder you Created
- Note the scanner that is attached to your computer must be configured to automatically save all scanned pictures into this folder.
- You may have to change the default path of your scanner.
Each scanner has its own application and driver; refer to your scanner's instruction manual to understand how to change the default path.
It is most convenient to set the scanner defaults to 150 DPI (color) with auto-crop option turned on.
Sample Scanner Configuration Screen
Usually scanners have a custom setup page where you can customize your settings. Each scanner will have a different way to change these settings. Refer to your Scanner manuel or help instructions.
- When defining your scanner settings, if applicable, turn on the Scanner's Auto-crop feature to automatically get rid of white borders around picture IDs.
- Also make sure you set your default destination folder for saving the scans to your default PicutreIDs folder.
Define PictureIDs Folder for CurrencyXchanger
- Once you've linked your Scanner to the PictureIDs Folder, you must link your CurrencyXchanger program to the folder as well.
- Setup your CurrencyXchanger to recognize the PictureIDs folder as the default location to lookup scanned picture IDs.
- Click on 'File' from your menu bar then select 'Client Preferences'.
Edit the Client Preference Profile for your Computer
Configuring the Source and Destination Folder
- Click on the 'Misc Settings' tab in the 'Client Preferences Entry' window.
- The 'Main Folder' is where the system will look for new scanned picture IDs (ie; C:\PictureIDs\)
- The 'Archive Folder' is where the system will move the picture IDs once they are attached to the Customer Profile (ie; C\PictureIDs\Archive\)
Define the Main Folder (PictureIDs folder)
Define the Archive Folder (Archive folder)
Scanning a Picture ID
- After you've scanned a new picture ID, the scanner should save it by default to the 'PictureIDs' folder.
You can also manually place a scanned image inside that folder.
For this example, we downloaded a picture from the internet and manually placed in the 'PictureIDs' folder.
Attaching a Picture ID to a Customer Profile
- By clicking on the selected image, it will appear in the empty rectangle below the dropdown menu.
If the image does not preview here, make sure that you have installed Apple Quicktime™ properly.
- Click the 'Enlarge Picture ID' button to be able to read the details of the customer from their picture ID and enter it into the system.
Enlarged Customer Entry Form
Archive the Picture ID
The 'Archive' folder
- If you go to your 'PictureIDs' folder, you will notice the scanned ID is no longer there. The archive process moved it from the 'PictureIDs' folder into the 'Archive' folder.
The Archive keeps all your attached picture IDs in one place.