How to restart 4D Server?
CurrencyXchanger by Clear View Systems Ltd. (The software that runs the Foreign Exchange operation) runs on a database server called 4D Server. 4D Server must be running at all times to ensure the front desk clerks can use the system.
• 4D Server is a Database Server
• 4D Server is running on the Server Computer (back room)
• 4D Server must be running at all times
• All data is kept on the server (or on a location specified in the Backup Preference of 4D Server)
• All backups are done on the server
• If the Server is not running the 4D Cients cannot run
• Unless you really have to, do not quit 4D Server. Before quiting 4D Server warn users to save their data and exit the 4D Client
• If 4D Server is not running, 4D Client will send an error -10002 (Database cannot be used)