Preset Fee Structures
Fee structures are a collection of preset values for the commission percentage and flat service fee. For example, a cheque cashing operation may want to charge 2.5% and $3.00 on a cheque. In this section, we show you how to add a new fee structure. These fee structures must be picked by the user (or teller) during the transaction. The system will not automatically pick the fee structure for the transaction. For automatic fee structure, you need to check the 'rule-based' fee structures section in this manual.
Adding A New Fee Structure
- From the menu bar click 'Admin' then select 'Define Fee Structures'.
Define the fee structure
- In the 'Fee Structure Entry' form enter the 'Fee Structure Name', 'Percent Commission' and 'Flat Local' you wish to charge.
For our example, we will create a fee structure for cashing cheques from customers.
We will name the fee structure something that makes sense without confusing users and we will add a percentage commission of 2.5 % and a flat service charge of $ 3.00.
- Once you are done filling in the fields as per your preference, hit 'Save'.
Selecting a Fee Structure During Invoicing
- Once you have started creating the invoice for your customer, choose the fee structure you wish to apply by selecting it from the pulldown menu within the invoice and clicking on it.
Fee structures are made to facilitate the entering of fees for the users. However, it is possible for the user to modify the fees if they wish.
- Users can make these changes by simply clicking on the field 'Our fee in %' to change the percent fee and/or 'Our fee in CAD' to change the flat fee that is charged to the customer.
In the example below, the 'Cheque Cashing' Fee Structure was selected and the flat fee charge was changed from $3.00 to $5.00.