Accepting Debit Cards as a Form of Payment
This lesson will go over how to set up a debit card in CurrencyXchanger and how to accept a debt card transaction.
Set up a Debt Card Subledger Account
- Open the 'Subledger' module by double clicking on 'Subledger' in the modules panel.
- Click on 'All' in the Sub-ledger toolbar.
- If you don't have a Debit Card Account or a Sub-ledger Account yet, you need to create this.
- To do this, click 'New' up in the toolbar.
- You'll see that the 'Cash' cheque box has been ticked.
- Check off the 'Settlement Account' box since your Debit Account will need to be settled either at the end of the day or the end of the week.
Note ** A Settlement is the act of paying off a balance due. 'Settlement Accounts' are usually brought to a zero balance on a daily basis.
- Also be sure to check off 'Display this account in the pulldown menu in invoice'.
- Then click 'Save'.
Enter a Transaction
- Open a new invoice by double clicking on your 'invoice' module then hitting 'New' on the tool bar.
Sell currency to Buyer
Note it is possible to accept debit payments from a walk'in customer
- If your customer wants to buy a currency from you, click 'Sell'.
- Enter the 'Amount' and Currency you wish to sell (ie; 300 EURs).
- Then click 'Add Row' and enter the Quantity and Denominations you are selling to your customer.
- Click 'Add Line' and 'Save'.
Accept your customer's payment by debit.
Enter the Reference Number
- You will be directed to another window 'Receive in Account'.
- All the information of this transaction is listed as well as a 'Reference #' field.
- Use the 'Reference #' field to enter the reference number that is on the printed debit machine receipt
in order to do reconciliations at the end of the day and to match up the transaction.
**Make sure the transaction went through without any problems, and then enter the debit machine reference number for future reconciliation.
- Hit 'Save'.