To start putting funds into your created accounts, you must also have an account to keep track of your opening inventory.
Create a New Inventory Account
- Double click on the 'Sub-Ledger' module from your tool bar. Then click 'New' to create an Inventory account.
Note you may also edit or delete accounts within this window.
- To view accounts used within a certain day, modify the date section.
Be sure to complete all necessary fields of the 'Subledger Accounts Entry' form
- Type Inventory next to 'Account Name'.
- Since an inventory account would be considered an equity, you must type 'Opening' next to 'General Ledger Account'.
As you begin typing in the box, you will be directed to a pop up window. Here, you must select 'Opening' from the menu then click 'Pick' or hit <Enter> on your keyboard.
- Under the section 'Description' you may add additional information to differentiate this inventory account from others you may have.
This section may also be left empty.
- Be sure to check off 'Inventory/Tades'.
- Be sure to also check off 'Display this account in the pull down menu in invoice' so that you are able to use this account within invoices.
- You may add additional details in the 'Advanced' tab. If you wish to do so, see next step for additional information on 'Advanced Settings' before saving.
- Then hit 'Save'.