Upgrading CurrencyXchanger to the latest version
This section describes how to upgrade your structure file to the latest version of CurrencyXchanger.
This process is the same for both server and standalone editions.
Backup backup backup!
Before proceeding, make sure that you run a BACKUP first. For more information about backing up the database, check out the backup section of this manual.
*NEVER EVER TRY UPDATING THE DATABASE BEFORE BACKING UP FIRST.
Downloading the latest version
Locate the zipped folder
Replace the Old Structure File
- Open the CurrencyXchanger folder and replace the 'CurrencyXchanger' file in the folder with the new unzipped 'CurrencyXchanger' file on your desktop by dragging and dropping it from your desktop into the folder.
- A confirmation window will pop up to make sure that you are replacing the old structure file with the new one.
- Make sure 4D Runtime and/or 4D Server are closed, or else the datafile may become locked.
- Select 'Move and Replace'.
- If prompted again, repeat your selection 'Move and Replace' for the next alerts.