This section explains how to install CurrencyXchanger on a client/server environment.
What is installed on your hardrive?
After the installation is complete, two new folders are created on drive C:\ in 'ClearViewSystems' folder:
- 4D (which contains the database engine (server, client, runtime) and
Locate 4D Client and 4D Server (if you are running on a network)
Create a desktop shortcut of 4D Server
Change properties of CurrencyXchanger
- Now open the 'CurrencyXchanger' folder by double clicking on it.
- Right click on 'CurrencyXchanger.4DB' (note you may not see the extension .4DB) and select 'Properties'.
Change Default Application
The first time you install the program, Windows wouldn't know how to open 'CurrencyXchanger' thus you must set '4D' as the application 'CurrencyXchanger' will run on.
- After clicking properties, if you see '4D' (or '4th Dimension') next to 'Opens with', then there is know need to make any changes.
Simply hit 'Okay'.
- If you do NOT see '4D' next to 'Opens with', click 'Change', then click 'Browse' in the new window and find '4D'.
Select '4D' then click 'Okay'.
Hit 'Okay' again in the 'CurrencyXchanger Properties' window.
Assign 4D Runtime Interpreted to CurrencyXchanger.4DB
- Click 'Browse'.
Create a desktop shortcut for CurrencyXchanger
You should now see a newly added icon titled '(Shortcut to) CurrencyXchanger' on your desktop.
- Double click on this icon and run the program for the first time.
**Note: The first time you setup CurrencyXchanger, you should run it in standalone mode (even if you would like to run it in client/server mode in the future).
Creating Data Files
The first time you run CurrencyXchanger the program will ask you to locate data files.
- Click 'Create'.
Enter your company name, country and currency code
Once you created the Data Files, the system will prompt you to enter your company name.
- Enter the name of your company in the 'Company Name' field.
- Click 'Save' or hit <Enter>